Dear carnegie hall
12 members of the carnegie hall family tell their story via our Augmented reality app
We worked with Carnegie Hall, New York, to create the "Dear Carnegie Hall" app, which is part of a celebratory programme of commissions, events, and digital projects to mark the 125th anniversary of Carnegie Hall in 2015–2016.
Using image-recognition technology and augmented reality software, it presents personal, Hall-related stories from 12 members of the Carnegie Hall family. From Debby King, the Artist Liaison Officer who was friends with Frank Sinatra through to Mezzo Soprano, Susan Graham's, stories of singing on stage at the Hall. The app allows you to enjoy their personal tales and beautiful graphics using material from the archives. These reveal many unexpected aspects of the Carnegie Hall experience, that embrace its past, present, and future.
Download the Dear Carnegie Hall app here
- Augmented reality videos that tell 12 personal stories of Carnegie Hall, accessed when you scan one of our “Dear Carnegie Hall” postcards.
- Exclusive interviews with Susan Graham, Nico Muhly, and many more.
- Stories about The Beatles, Frank Sinatra, performance, dreams, and ghosts
- Material from the Carnegie Hall Archives presented via engaging animations.
- A gallery where you can play the videos directly through the app.
- The option to record your own story or memory of Carnegie Hall, link it to a photo and send your digital postcard to a friend and Carnegie Hall.
12 members of the Carnegie Hall Family tell their stories.
Enjoy the stories without the postcards directly through the app.
Frame one of our postcards in the viewfinder and watch as it comes to life...
Record your own digital postcards and send them to your friends.
Click on the images to see them full screen or download them here!